Monday, November 12, 2012

Danika- Nov 12


I am already seeing a big difference in my french. This morning we went to see the house that we used to live in. Apparently an Italian family is living in it now. Our old neighbours had moved away, too, but we saw most of them on our way out. Then we went to the market. What a busy place!! And, boy, something smelled like rotting fish! Anyway, we bought a few fruits and we each got a slingshot. Those slingshots are not good quality at all. I put a stone in, pulled it back and the elastic came shooting right out of its homemade, couchouc (cowshoo) socket. I really don't think I'm that strong! On our way back from the market we passed a mosque. It is quite noisy during the Muslims prayer time, especially at night. Here is a picture of it.    Au revoir! Danika

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Danika, thanks for sharing about your day at the market. Did you discover where the terrible smell was coming from?
...auntie dee