Saturday, August 2, 2008

Prayer Update

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the LORD. – Jeremiah 29:11-14a

The future of the last academic year at the University of Ouagadougou continues to hang in the balance. The university was ultimately closed prior to the writing of final exams in June. Class will resume earlier than usual this year, September 1, to make up for the broken school year. But the new school year is already announcing itself in a precarious manner. A new campus police force has been assigned for the coming school year, and this is not welcome at all by university students in Burkina Faso.

One of our university students (who was recently baptized in our church) was in the wrong place at the wrong time last month when the violence broke out and got himself arrested. We praise God that he was released without trial, and with only minor injuries and a missing cell phone. Please pray for renewed stability on the university campus.

No comments: